Laurie’s TopHat Story
- UW–Madison supports this tool and has negotiated price for students down to $16/semester, $20/year; $54/5-years.
- Discussion capabilities allow for “live back-channel” discussions during class (like a Twitter feed).
- Multiple choice questions are easiest for all students.
- Windows products are generally good, but Mac tools need work. TopHat doesn’t announce updates, so keep on it.
- Its presentation tool is not currently compatible with PowerPoint presenter mode (need to mirror screen).
- Customer service is generally responsive (and needed).