Margene’s Popplet story
- Popplet is Flash-based, so won’t work on iPads.
- First 10 popplets are free, then you pay for them.
- Popplet is simple to use, but also somewhat limited (simple) in abilities
- For course design using backwards design, use Popplet (or some other mind-mapping software) to list qualities you want the students to leave with in first set of popples, then what they need to learn/know/do to get that, and finally what activities will support those.
- The lines we draw in mind mapping software represent real connections that we want our students to make between topics, and we need to be direct in how we help them make those connections.