What we wanted:
The Teaching Academy wanted to engage the campus Teaching & Learning community in active, constructive and interactive learning (Chi, 2009) by creating an environment where they could :
- reflect on their teaching to come to deeper understanding
- share their experiences (successes and failure) with fellow scholars of teaching & learning
- gain ideas, insights, and inspirations from others’ successes and failures
- offer constructive feedback and insights to those who share, in the form of comments
- connect people who are interested in doing similar things, so they can co-construct and iterate on effective teaching & learning practices — great minds learning together can accomplish great things!
What we tried
We created a new WordPress site (fairly easy to use), and created a form within it (even easier to use) that allows campus members to submit and share their teaching & learning stories with their colleagues by answering three simple questions (and uploading an explanatory image).
To get the community started, we also incentivized participation by offering an awesome Teaching Academy mug to all who post three or more of their T&L stories.
Next time we would…
We’ll keep you updated, and try to figure out how to get Babcock ice cream inside those mugs.