Held annually since 2000, the Teaching Academy Summer Institute (TASI) is a 4-day immersive workshop for campus educators to design, redesign, or update a course. In structured sessions, TASI facilitators will help you build on your prior experiences, learn from successes and failures, and integrate evidence-based methods to enhance student learning.
At TASI, participants will explore foundations of course planning that emphasize learner-centered instruction and equity-minded practices and apply those foundations to (re)design a course.
TASI Looking Back:
- 2017 Summer Institute – View the 2017 schedule here.
- 2016 Summer Institute — In 2016, we had 21 participants. View the 2016 schedule here.
- 2015 Summer Institute — In 2015, we had 45 participants redesign their courses. Program here.
- 2014 Summer Institute — In 2014, with a theme of The Four “I”s of Teaching: Intend-Inspire-Innovate-Invest, we had 40 participants reimagining their courses, helped by a small army of facilitators, presenters, and guests! Program here.
- 2013 Summer Institute — In 2013, with a theme of Teaching to Engage a New Generation of Learners, we had 41 participants engaged in four days of re-envisioning and rebuilding their courses! Program here.
- 2012 Summer Institute. In 2012, we had 30 instructors designing and reimagining their courses, aided by a host of facilitators, presenters, and guests!
- 2011 Summer Institute In 2011, there were 29 instructors re-energizing their courses, sparked by a small army of facilitators, presenters, and guests!
- 2010 Summer Institute. In 2010, we had 28 Instructors jumping into course redesign, with a little help from facilitators, presenters, and guests! Program here.