Call to order at 9:04 am.
May Minutes were unanimously approved.
- Excomm Membership
- The ExComm discussed adding new membership to the committee, pulling from individuals who volunteer and express interest on the interest inventory.
- The Program Assistant will create spreadsheet of Fellows and their respective school/college, as well as their faculty/staff status.
- The ExComm membership currently has more L&S representation. It could add an additional 4 individuals.
- John Zumbrunnen will rotate on as new faculty co-chair in January, replacing David Baum.
- By-law changes
- The ExComm discussed changing the electronic voting rules as stated in the bylaws.
- The ExComm will not take an electronic vote on any issues that have not been on a n agenda. If one person has a question/comment regarding the vote, the electronic vote will be null.
- The proposed bylaw change is as follows: “Electronic voting is permitted unless any member of the executive committee requests further discussions or in-person voting.”
- The ExComm unanimously voted in favor of this bylaws change.
- The ExComm unanimously approved the 2016-2017 budget.
- The Teaching Academy has carryover from the 15-16 budget and the university has the right to sweep carryover, however, there is no indication that they will remove it.
- The Program Assistant will schedule a meeting between DoIT (Linda Jorne, Brian McNurlen) and the two co-chairs.
- Discussed the idea of having the Winter Retreat theme focus on technology and teaching (integrating Canvas training and DoIT).
- Promote more resources that target clinical faculty/staff, partner with SMPH, Education, Social Work. Law.
- The group is planning a retreat for all members.
- CATL is creating messaging for the group, creating bylaws, and seeking to increase coordination between units.
- Fall Meetings
- Will occur once a month on a Monday from 8:30am to 10:00am.
- Members Only Event
- The Members Only Event will occur on Wednesday October 26th from 5:00pm to 6:30pm at the University Club.
Moved to close at 10:30am.