Ableism, Disability, and Inclusive Practices
The 2021 Fall retreat was held on Friday, October 1st from 9 – 11am. The theme was Ableism, Disability, and Inclusive Practices. The event featured a panel discussion with both University of Wisconsin-Madison students and expert practitioners, as well as opportunities to connect and discuss with colleagues from across campus. Slides, Participant Guide.
- Ruben Mota, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator, Office of Compliance
- Britt-Marie Zeidler, Founder and Co-Director, Graduate and Professional Students with Disabilities Initiative, PhD Candidate, Dept. of Curriculum and Instruction
- Beth Allen, Vice President on the Executive Board for the Advocates for Diverse Abilities (ADA); 4th-year student-Political Science and Social Work
- Mari Magler, Assistant Dean and Director of the McBurney Disability Resource Center
- Undergraduate panelists from the Student Organization: Advocating for Differing Abilities
Planning committee: Abby Bartlett, Angela Kita, Angela Zito, Dan Pell (Chair), Denise Ratterman, Elizabeth Petty, Erica Hagen, Franklin Hobbs, John Martin, John Parrish, Julie Collins, Lisa Jong, Margene Anderson, Mick Miyamoto, Patrick Hills-Meyer.